About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Gallery Update: Showing Some Love for General Aviation at SLE

I haven't gotten out much to do anything aviation-related (other than blog articles commemorating the anniversary of an aircraft's maiden flight!) for the past month due to work and online classes. Heck, even my weekends get shot sometimes because I have to work Saturdays sometimes! But this time, things were different. It was a rare sunny spring day today and better yet, I have the weekend off. I didn't have to (nor did I want to) go very far today as I got a little planespotting in at my hometown airport at McNary Field in Salem, Oregon after a little lunch outing. Given the weather, I was hopping there'd be some activity and I got a few things worth noting. This was what I considered "subtle planespotting." There's also "active planespotting" which would be almost nonstop action in aircraft movements (whenever I'm at PDX or any busy major airport for that matter). Subtle planespotting is photographing a few aircraft with long waits in between; during the wait, I have the solace of sitting or standing in silence alone with my thoughts; I find this very therapeutic. And while most spotters go after mainly commercial and military aviation, you gotta give some love General Aviation as well. Anyways, here's the link:

Salem (SLE) 10

Photo preview:

Cessna P210N Pressurized Centurion II (N731NY) parked on the ramp.

Lancair Evolution (N613TX) taxiing to parking. The Evolution's really grown on me. This is the first time I've seen one outside of Nevada, considering that I've seen several on display as well as one as the Sports Class Pace Plane at the Reno Air Races every year; kind of ironic considering that the Lancair factory is based in Redmond, Oregon.

Cessna 180E Skywagon (N2672Y) taxiing to the ramp after arrival.

Beechcraft A36 Bonanza (N88CJ) taxiing to the ramp after arriving into SLE.

Cessna 210A Centurion (N9530X) taxiing to the ramp after arrival.

Cessna 172M Skyhawk II (N515ED) taxiing to the ramp.

Cessna 172M Skyhawk II (N9665Q) taxiing to the ramp.

Cessna 172M Skyhawk II (N503CA) taxiing to the ramp.

Piper J-3 Cub (NC3603K) taxiing to the ramp. This is a true vintage right here! Maiden flight of this airframe was back in 1946!

Cessna 172N Skyhawk II (N75805) taxiing to the ramp.

No comments: