About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, February 5, 2016

Gallery Update: Army National Guard Helicopter Sighting

When you're sitting at home and all of a sudden, you hear some heavy rotor blades whipping around in the distance, what do you do? Well, I dash out the house with camera in hand and see if I can get some off-airport shots, as opportunity permits! With the Army National Guard Base located at Salem's McNary Field, there's always bound to be some helicopter activity. In this case, some visiting  AH-64 Apache helicopters buzzed my home earlier this afternoon and I managed to get a couple of good shots. Here's the link:

Off-Airport 3 (Updated)

Preview:

Boeing AH-64 Apache buzzing the house. First time I've seen one airborne!

The visiting Apaches were also accompanied by the Salem-based Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawks.

No comments: