About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Gallery Update: Off-Airport Spotting at School

I finally got photos of actual aircraft movement with my new camera; it happened while I was on my way to class. Though I wasn't expecting the first aircraft I took a photo of in flight to be a helicopter! Regardless of what it was, I am quite pleased with how well my camera does and this gave me an opportunity to use my telephoto lens for the first time. Being off-airport and having a new camera, this means a new photo album, which will be updated in the future whenever I take new photos while off-airport:

Off-Airport 3

Preview:

The aircraft was a Eurocopter AS350 B3 (N324BF). Manufactured in France, it's known as Écureuil (Squirrel) but marketed as the "A Star" in North America. According to the FAA website, this aircraft is privately owned in Idaho Falls, yet it bears the name 'Northpoint,' a relatively brand new apartment complex in Rexburg for BYU-Idaho students. Turns out tenants who sign a lease early enough for this really nice apartment complex gets a free helicopter ride.

No comments: