About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, September 12, 2014

Gallery Update: Carson City Spotting

My dad and I drove down to Nevada's state capital, Carson City to pick up my uncle and his boys who were flying in from Idaho to attend the Reno Air Races with us. While we were waiting for their plane to arrive, we spent some time on the ramp and got some really great spotting in. The ramp also had a lot of unique things that made this spotting trip really worthwhile. Here's the link:

Carson City (CXP) 2

Preview:

Carson City's popular with small and medium-sized business jets. Pictured here is a Cessna 525B Citation CJ3 (N107PT) landing in CXP.

You never know what you're going to find at an airport and this nose-section fuselage from a DC-9/MD-80 was by far one of the more interesting sightings.

A true vintage! Cessna 195B (N195BT) parked on the ramp.

A former California Department of Forestry Grumman S2F-1 Tracker (N710VC), Tanker 94 converted for firefighting. This airframe is undergoing restoration to flight worthy status.

A rare, scaled-down replica of the P-51 Mustang, the Papa 51 Thunder Mustang (N244SW) nicknamed Swede's Steed III.

Grumman HU-16C Albatross (N7025N).

And heeeeerrre's my uncle! Landing in his Mooney M20 (N9716M). What do you think? Should he get a new paint job? Personally, I think this is an ugly yellow...

Cessna 525A Citation (N1277E) taxiing out for departure.

No comments: