About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, May 23, 2014

Gallery Update: More Rexburg Airport/Legacy Flight Museum Activity

As air show time is now two weeks away, things have gone into fever-pitch as far as museum and airport activities are concerned. This was a good day to be at the museum so you can say I was in hog heaven! In this case, Bob Hoover's old P-51D Mustang 'Ole Yeller' and a T-6 Texan nicknamed Lil' Ashlee took to the skies allowing for some great photography opportunities. The museum's Grumman Tracker, with repairs and maintenance since acquisition nearly complete was also rolled out of the museum hangar for the first time in a while. All in all, it was a good day and I got a lot of new photos. Here's the link so you can see for yourself:

Rexburg (RXE) 10

Preview:

The Grumman Tracker has to be the largest aircraft based at Rexburg.

Side view of the Grumman S2F-1 Tracker (N8115M).

North American T-6 (SNJ-5) Texan (N6900C) nicknamed "Lil' Ashlee" after engine start-up. As you can see, she's smokin' hot! Most T-6s I've seen are painted so it's kind of neat to see a bare-metal schemed one. Not only that, but this Texan has a three-bladed propeller.

Bob Hoover's iconic North American P-51D Mustang, "Ole Yeller" (N51RH) at touchdown.
At the controls is John Bagley.

No comments: