About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Gallery Update: Hillsboro Air Fair Open House

Wasn't expecting much for the month of October but as it turns out, there IS an event that caused me to visit the Portland-Hillsboro Airport for the second time this year. The Port of Portland hosts an open house event every year called the Hillsboro Airport Air Fair held on the terminal grounds of the airport. A small event really, but I thought it was worth checking out and I certainly enjoyed the sights and sounds of it so it was worth the trip. Major players involved at this open house includes Hillsboro Aviation's Flight School and a couple of the larger jet FBOs located at the airport. Sights included a small static display, view of the airport runway and flight ramp with constantly departing and arriving traffic, as well as a bus tour that took us to the FBOs.

Here are the gallery links:

Hillsboro Air Fair 2013

Portland-Hillsboro (HIO) 1

Preview:

Cessna 162 Skycatcher (N5199K) on static display.

Gulfstream V (N3546), which belongs to Nike, Inc. taxiing to a hangar on the far side of the airport after arrival.
This aircraft's tail number is "Nike" spelled backwards on a telephone keypad.
It's a corporate jet but you have to see it up close to realize the size of these planes because Gulfstreams are HUGE!
(If you own Nike tennis shoes or clothing, you helped pay for this aircraft!)

No comments: