About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Gallery Update: Aviation Weekend Part 1 of 2

On my previous post, you'll recall I mentioned a local event that's held in Salem each year. Well it's that time of year again:

Hot August Flights 2012

Special thanks to the organizers of the event for making all this possible. Plus, I got some spotting done at SLE while I was at it. The gallery is on the following link:

Salem (SLE) 2

As always, here's a preview:

Cessna 550 Citation II (N458N).

Rutan 33 VariEze (N2077W) taxiing for departure.

As the title suggests, I declare it "Aviation Weekend". Today was the local event for me here in Salem. Tomorrow my dad and I will be heading up to Hillsboro for the Oregon International Airshow. This will be my first airshow to attend since my return from Japan. And though I was there in 2009, this time I got a bigger camera to take photos for the event so stay tuned both here and on Facebook for the conclusion of "Aviation Weekend". Enjoy!

No comments: