About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Gallery Update: Chasing Another MD-80 from the Dike

It's been a frustrating week, and this is turning out to be a very frustrating semester. I've gone well over a month since I last flew and I'm STILL waiting to be assigned a new flight instructor. This week, my blood reached a boiling point as I was previously informed that I would be getting a new flight instructor. But as of this past Monday, the flight instructor that the university had lined up for me ended up not getting hired and I'm basically back at square one. It's currently Spring Break for UVU so that means the semester is more than half-way over. It's just been so frustrating that I've had to wait this long. I'm starting to lose faith in UVU's aviation flight training program...

In spite of this major clusterf**k, I returned to my favorite spotting location at Provo to chase after one of my favorite twin-jets, an MD-80. I'm frustrated, I'm bored, I'm not happy with the current situation I'm in, but I'm trying to keep my dream of becoming a pilot alive and my goals within reach.

Provo (PVU) 27

Preview:

Allegiant Air McDonnell Douglas MD-83 (N872GA) on short final for 13, arriving as AAY132 from Phoenix-Mesa. Airframe first delivered in 1991 as an MD-82 to SAS Scandinavian Airlines as LN-RMN. Acquired by Allegiant in 2005 and modified into an MD-83. I'm older than this MD-80!

Robinson R44 Raven II (N108MQ). Based in Cedar City and used by Southern Utah University's flight program.

No comments: